Questions and Answers
Answers to our most often asked questions
The following is how our conversation might take place, if we were sitting next to each other on an airplane.
What is Published & Profitable?
Published & Profitable is a community of experienced authors and publishing professionals sharing our knowledge.
This is a subscription site: members pay a monthly fee to access site resources.
How do you differ from other writing sites?
Our emphasis is on the 4 major steps involved in a successful nonfiction publishing experience: planning, writing, promoting, and profiting.
Our goal is to provide pragmatic, balanced assistance to those interested in writing a nonfiction book to promote their business or their career, in contrast, to fiction books like biographies, mysteries or novels.
We also stress viewing a book as more than "something to write." Each step--planning, writing, promoting, and profiting--is equally important.
We've seen too many cases of writers who have written great books, but have not been adequately rewarded. This happens more often, than not.
Who should consider joining?
Our passion is to provide information and tools to help service providers, like coaches, consultants, and other self-employed professionals, who are looking for ways to promote their competence, attract new business, and create new income opportunities.
How will I benefit?
As a member, you have access to 100's of pages of articles, e-books, and reports, audio recordings, and a wealth of online resources, including:
- Assessments to test your understanding
- Checklists to measure your progress
- Mind maps to help you work visually
- Templates to provide a framework and formatting
- Worksheets to organize your ideas
How often is the site updated?
Currently, new content is being added daily.
After all existing pages have been fine-tuned, the will be updated weekly. The blog and discussion forum are updated more frequently.
New events are added to the calendar as they are scheduled.
What are your qualifications?
I am a $32 million dollar author. My 38 advertising, software guides, and online marketing books have sold more than 1.6 million copies around the world. You may know me from books like:
- Looking Good in Print: A Guide to Basic Design for Desktop Publishing. This is the book that launched careers around the world.
- Microsoft Office for Windows for Dummies. I was the original author of the first best-selling Office book, as well as the author of several other books in the "for Dummies..." series.
- The Streetwise Guide to Relationship Marketing on the Internet, which emphasized a long-term view of customer and prospect relationships.
- Design to Sell which helps Microsoft Publisher users create attractive, effective, publications without previous design or software experience
Who is on the Editorial Board?
I'm proud that my Editorial Board includes numerous authors who have successfully branded themselves, as well as others involved in publishing on a day-to-day basis.
What have others said about Published & Profitable?
Excellent! Jammed with wise advice by a man who's done
it over and over again. From ideas to titles to plans to marketing, this one
has it all!
Joe Vitale, #1 Best-Selling Author, Spiritual Marketing
After writing over 50 books, I thought I knew it all--but Roger C. Parker's Published & Profitable helped me see new ways of leveraging off the success of my books by developing additional proprietary information products.
Bob Bly Author, The Copywriter's Handbook, etc.
If you are in a service business and want to change your life, listen to Roger C. Parker and write a successful book! When I wrote Selling the Invisible, most of my clients were located within view of my office. Now, clients search me out from around the world!
Harry BeckwithThe Invisible Touch, What Clients Want, and You, Inc.
Parker's book hits a home run out of the ball park. Published & Profitable reinforces everything I've learned about publishing during the past twenty-five years. It's a treasure trove of ideas that anyone can instantly implement and would be crazy not to.
Rob Lebow, A Journey Into the Heroic Environment, and
Accountability: Freedom and Responsibility Without Control
Where can I learn more?
You're invited to:
- Become a charter subscriber now.
- Read our How to Use this Site feature here for more information about site contents
- Check our Sample Pages
- Take a complimentary assessment, like our Test Your Book Publishing IQ here.
- Sign-up for our free Writer's Kit which includes weekly tips, monthly newsletter, and our Write Your Way to Success report here.
How can I sign up?
Use our secure
online order form.