Get personalized writing & developmental editing assistance when you need it
You can now get qualified, hands-on developmental editing assistance to help you write and self-publish your brand-building book on an affordable, as-needed basis
Usually, only authors writing books for large trade book publishers get to discuss their project and get honest & impartial feedback, suggestions, and hands-on help from someone who has not only addressed similar challenges before, but have done it over and over again.
What is developmental editing?
Developmental editing has little in common with looking for grammar and spelling errors. Instead,it's far more proactive; it involves creating a "big picture" of your book in the context of your goals, your readers, and your competition.
The goal of developmental editing is to save you time, reduce stress and sell more books by working as efficiently as possible. It involves making the right decisions as you address the 7 key areas involved in writing and self-publishing a book:
- Goals. What are your writing and self-publishing goals? How are you going to profit from your book?
- Readers. Who are your ideal readers, firms and individuals you want to build lasting relationships with?
- Competition. What are the leading books that your book will be competing with?
- Position. How can you make your book distinctively different from existing books on your topic?
- Efficiency. What's the easiest and fastest way you can get your book into your reader's hands?
- Demand. How can you build demand for your book...while you're writing it?
- Profit. What are some of the ways you can leverage your book into new opportunities and profits?
1-on-1 book coaching topics
I can help you address the topics listed below, usually in as few as two or three personalized 1-hour webinar-type, online working sessions. These programs include e-mail support in between. Here are the most popular:
Often, all that's needed to get started, or regain momentum writing and self-publishing a brand-building book is an hour, or two, with someone who's done it--over and over again.
To learn more...
The starting point is to fill-out and submit my Coaching Call Planner form to tell me about your project and how I can help you.