Part 15: Putting Landing Pages to Work
Landing pages are the most important pages on your blog or website.
Landing pages are often more important than the home page of your website.
Landing pages are where you turn website traffic into action and profits. Use landing pages for:
- Building your mailing list by offering incentives like catalog, coupons, or white papers, in exchange for permission to receive your email newsletter.
- Requesting more information, like product sheets and case studies, or to schedule a follow-up contact to discuss specific product or service interests.
- Making a purchase or registering to attend upcoming events.
Landing page tips
Remember that visitors to your landing pages are there because they want to be there--they've indicated their interest by clicking a link on another page of your website, in an e-mail, or on an affiliate or channel partner's website.
Here are some tips for turning their intention into action:
- Simplicity. Eliminate clutter from your landing pages. Keep them as simple as possible, focused on the action you want visitors to take.
- Recognition. Visitors should immediately recognize they're in the right place. The page title and text should repeat the original offer, using the language used on the referring page or email. Use lists to summarize benefits. Include the same graphic, i.e., photograph or illustration, colors, and typefaces as referring pages.
- Call to action. Make it easy for visitors to take the desired action. Place the sign-up form as close to the top of the page as possible. Keep the form as simple as possible. Requesting a minimum of information. State payment or billing terms as simply as possible.
Reviewing your landing pages
Review every aspect of your landing pages. Eliminate any text and graphic elements that could interfere with visitors taking the action you want them to take.
© 2002-2012 PublishedandProfitable.com |
All Rights Reserved. | Reproduction without permission is strictly prohibited.