| Here's what Published & Profitable readers and subscribers are saying ...
Your step-by-step path took the "someday" out of my, "Someday I will write a book."
Belleue, WA M&A
...fantastic and inspiring, just the kick in the pants (and action plan) I needed.
Author, Corporate Blogging Book
I've just moved "write a book" from my dream list to my to-do list. Now I know I can translate my knowledge into additional sources of income and credibility for my practice.
Creating Key Clients
Roger's structure, process, and insight can help you transform your knowledge and expertise into a practical and profitable book.
Takes the work and uncertainty out of writing by showing how planning, structure, and promotion, make it easy to translate ideas into career enhancement and dollars.
Psychologist and futurist
I never thought I could successfully write and promote a book. Now, I know I can and I will.
Ideas, tips, & tools for successfully marketing and promoting your book
Learn how to market and promote your book to the right people at the right time
Publishing success is never guaranteed, no matter how big your publisher or how well you've written your book.
Success is based as much on the quality of your ability to market and promote you book as the quality of your ideas and your writing ability.
Publishing success comes from 2 types of book marketing and promotion:
- Creating a strong online author platform as soon as possible builds awareness for you and your book.
- Consistently promoting your book before, and after, its publication.
Creating a strong author platform
There are four steps involved in creating a strong online platform:
- Taking stock and setting goals. This involves analyzing your current online visibility, prioritizing your marketing goals, and creating a detailed action plan with realistic deadlines. Setting up a blog. The best way to create a successful author platform is to create a blog, and view it as the hub of all your online marketing activities. Published & Profitable provides the worksheets and checklists to help you set up a blog as efficiently as possible.
- Driving traffic to your blog. Once you've set up your blog, success involves driving traffic to it from your book, your newsletter, online articles, and social media activities like Twitter, FaceBook, and LinkedIn. Our articles and worksheets will help you create a synergy between your blog and your other book marketing activities.
- Maximizing your investment in an online author platform. Unfortunately, many authors fail to establish a strong online author platform because they hire the wrong designer, or fail to provide the proper direction. Other authors fail to pay enough attention to search engine optimization when updating their blogs and websites.
Published & Profitable's dozens of marketing templates and worksheets will help make the right decisions as you set up your author platform and create a synergy between your blog and your other online and offline marketing activities.
Successfully Marketing & Promoting Your Book
Book marketing and promotion takes place at 3 different stages:
- Before your book is published. Book marketing and promotional activities before your book is available focus on 2 primary tasks: building anticipation for your book and preparing for a big "push" during the week of your book's publication.
- The week your book is published. Publication week activities focus on your participation in previously arranged interviews and in-person events.
- After your book is published. On-going marketing activities after your book appears include taking full advantage of promoting opportunities available to authors on Amazon.com as well as promoting your author platform by providing guest posts on other blogs.
Published & Profitable members can access more than XX resources for marketing and promoting your book, including articles, checklists, calendars, templates, and worksheets.
Moving onAfter you have established your author platform and successfully launched your book, you can move on to leveraging your book into back-end profits through information products like e-books, audios, and videos, and services like coaching, consulting, and speaking/training.
Promoting resources include
Author speech planning ideas, tips, and worksheet|
Here's the easy way to prepare a speech to build your brand and promote your book. It's never too early to speak about your book, even if you're still at the planning and writing it. The downloadable worksheet will help you identify and organize the main ideas you want to share with your audience. . . . Keep Reading
Author Guide to Free Online Marketing Resources|
Discover how to build your personal brand online by sharing information with today's free online marketing resources. Discover locations where you can immediately establish a web presence, demonstrate your expertise, and invite comments and feedback. . . . Keep Reading
Author marketing--home page best practices at work|
Take a guided tour through the home page of an author who has established a very successful coaching practice. In this tour, I identify the content and design building blocks that help an author leverage her book into coaching profits by helping visitors sell themselves. . . . Keep Reading
Looking for one sheet ideas for providing events?|
Learn how to create one sheets for special events by downloading, printing, and analyzing this outstanding example by Patrick Snow. Read my comments, and see how content and design come together to promotes his event and build his personal brand. . . . Keep Reading
6 Author Home Pages that Teach Important Lessons|
How does the opening screen of your home page stack up against the 6 author websites discussed in this article? Each example has a different approach to the fundamental trade-offs that authors must deal with when creating the opening screen on their home page. . . . Keep Reading
Newsletter Content & Design Makeover|
Newsletters are one of the fundamental tools of customer acquisition and customer retention. Listen while I go through dozens of small changes that add up to major improvements in the Blind Judo Foundation's ability to reach out to new supporters. . . . Keep Reading
Author Guide to Copywriting Success|
It's enough to just write a book, authors also have to continuously promote their book with online and offline marketing copy. Learn a 3-step process for creating the persuasive marketing copy you need to sell your book and generate back-end profits. . . . Keep Reading
Author Guide to Newsletter Production|
The worksheet included in this audio/PDF program provides a 3-step framework for efficient newsletter production, saving you time preparing each issue. The resulting efficiency plays a major role in keeping your newsletters on schedule. . . . Keep Reading
Author Guide for Preparing to be Interviewed|
Interviewing skills can be extremely important to an author's ability to sell their book and build their personal brand. This Author Guide includes a 1-hour recorded presentation and coaching call, a note-taking sheet, and a worksheet to develop your talking points. . . . Keep Reading
Author Guide to Monthly Marketing Plans|
Learn how to save time and create a powerful synergy between all of your marketing tools each month. This one-hour recorded teleclass and handouts will provide a new perspective on creating more marketing done in less time each month. . . . Keep Reading
Author Guide to Book Cover Blurbs|
Book cover blurbs, known as re-publication testimonials from experts in your field, can play a big role in your book's success. Book cover blurbs add credibility to your book, yet don't cost a penny to obtain. Learn how and when to begin your campaign to attract book cover blurbs. . . . Keep Reading
Author Guide to Book Marketing with Teleseminars|
Listen to a spirited discussion of the important role that teleseminars can play in your book's success, while taking notes on the note-taking sheet provided. There's also a ready-to-print worksheet plus an example of a teleseminar-planning mind map. . . . Keep Reading
Author Guide to Marketing with Tip Sheets|
Discover the power of simple, easy-to-create tip sheets you can use online, off-line, and in person. Learn how to create them and put them to work building your prospect mailing list. 45-minute presentation plus 8-page of handouts & examples. . . . Keep Reading