| Here's what Published & Profitable readers and subscribers are saying ...
Your step-by-step path took the "someday" out of my, "Someday I will write a book."
Belleue, WA M&A
...fantastic and inspiring, just the kick in the pants (and action plan) I needed.
Author, Corporate Blogging Book
I've just moved "write a book" from my dream list to my to-do list. Now I know I can translate my knowledge into additional sources of income and credibility for my practice.
Creating Key Clients
Roger's structure, process, and insight can help you transform your knowledge and expertise into a practical and profitable book.
Takes the work and uncertainty out of writing by showing how planning, structure, and promotion, make it easy to translate ideas into career enhancement and dollars.
Psychologist and futurist
I never thought I could successfully write and promote a book. Now, I know I can and I will.
Meet today's top nonfiction authors, agents, & editors!
Gain a new perspective on publishing as you listen to these candid and revealing interviews with today's most successful authors and the agents, editors, and publicists who helped them succeed
Get the inside story on nonfiction books that have created brands that have changed lives and opened doors of possibility. Here them describe, in their own words, what they did, why they did it, and--most important--what they'd do different today.
How I selected my guests
When selecting interview guests, my goal was not to emphasize professionally-written "best sellers." Instead, I focused on everyday business owners who wrote books to brand themselves in order to establish credibility, differentiate themseleves from their competition, and promote their businesses.
Published & Profitable can choose from 4 categories of recorded interviews:
- Successful authors. Hear them describe their original goals, the steps they took to plan, write, and promote their books. Listen how they describe how they leverage their books into profits.
- Editors. Acquisitions editors from trade publishers like Entrepreneur Press describe what they want to see in an author and an author's book proposal. Other publishers describe how they help authors self-publish their books. Editors share time-saving tips.
- Publishers Hear publishers discuss the changes taking place in publishing and what authors need to know in order to make the right decisions.
- Book marketers, journalists, promoters, and publicists Find out how profit from changes in technology that influence the ways authors should market and promote their books.
What you'll learn from these interviews
These interviews provide candid commentary and revealing looks at planning, writing, promoting, and profiting from books. You'll gain a new perspective on topics like:
- Writing skills. You'll hear from some authors who don't particularly like to write, and how they write their books--or get them written.
- Productivity tips. Learn simple tips for planning and writing your book as efficiently as possible.
- The business of writing. Many authors begin at the end, by defining how they plan to profit from their book before they start writing.
- Getting noticed. You'll learn how to craft compelling book proposals and ways to promote your book while writing it.
- Delegation. You'll learn the pros and cons of writing with others and the tasks that many authors delegate to others.
Below are capsule descriptions of the more than 80 exclusive interviews available for members. Visit the Member Benefits page when you're ready to learn more about other benefits.
Note: here's a list of over 250 additional nonfiction authors, marketers, and publishing professionals I have interviewed.
INTERVIEW: E-book Design Mastery with Karen Wickham|
Meet Karen Wickham, from That's Creative Design, a firm that helps authors fuse design as a strategic selling tool for ebooks and online brand-building. During this call, Karen and I reviewed the elements of ebook design success and discussed often overlooked book marketing opportunities. . . . Keep Reading
Author Interview, Jack Hart's Story Craft|
Listen as Jack Hart describes the story behind latest book: Story Craft: The Complete Guide to Writing Narrative Nonfiction. In this interview, Jack shares his love of narrative nonfiction and provides a detailed look at the writing and trade publishing proposal process. . . . Keep Reading
INTERVIEW: Sunni Brown's Doodle Revolution|
Listen as Sunni Brown, co-author of the bestselling business book Gamestorming shares her writing and visual thinking experiences, leading up to her "Bring Back the Doodle" Visual Notetaking Doodle Revolution. Sunni is a Fast Company Top 100 Creative Thinker. . . . Keep Reading